Friday, May 25, 2012

MWM Graphics

I was stumbling when I should have been working but I came across this graphic design gem and got really excited. I took a bunch of screen captures (which in the biz is probably really frowned upon) and fell in love with the rad colours. Check it out at the source: http://mwmgraphics.com/ . Matt W. Moore, I am thoroughly enjoying your talent.


On a side note, during my trip to India last summer, I came across quite a few Mandalas. We also visited a Buddhist temple where we observed monks creating a Mandala. 4 men were working on it at the time and must have spent countless hours, cross-legged on the cement floor, syphoning coloured sand on to their design. The care and meticulousness that goes into these works of art is incredible. In layman's terms, Mandalas are used for a variety of different things, in Hinduism and Buddhism. In Buddhism, they offer a sacred space for, or aid in, meditation. Depending on the design, they can represent a vast number of things, but generally evoke some balance between the states of enlightenment and confusion.

I think that MWM's adaptations (he calls them Mandalas) are also beautiful, in a very different way. I think i'll read his blog to explore his inspiration/intention with these! 


As amazed as I am by MWM's work, I am blown away by a pair of hand-knitted, Peruvian socks. My friend W. just brought them back for me from her 3-week trip to Cuzco, Machu Pichu, and the Sacred Valley. I'm a sucker for a gorgeous pair of wool socks any day, but the craftsmanship of these (and again the rad colours) are incredible. Thanks W., it's so great to have you back! 



I know this seems like a very random post, but i'm all about making connections these days. The theme here is the expression of creativity, cool designs, and the product that emerges from the love of one's work. Cudos to you, if you've found what it is that you love to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment